Wednesday 19 April 2017

The Greatest Easter Weekend Ever Part 2: Easter Day

If you missed it see part 1 here. I got a bit bored of writing the other day so split it into two...

Luckily the on-call night on Saturday wasn't busy - I left the hospital at 23:30 and didn't get called in again until 06:15. Since I was in early to see a pregnant lady with brittle asthma, I was then able to get the ward round done nice and early, so we could get going with the goat.

Pete had started to light the fire while I was at work, which he described as fulfilling every teenage boys' dream!

As the fire was warming up I made a garlic and rosemary rub which we coated the goat in and rubbed it in lemon juice. As the surgeon out of the pair, I was then tasked with sewing up the goat, which with no tools was not such an easy task!


While we were waiting for the goat to cook James M and Adam had made us all an Easter egg hunt. And no we're not to old for Easter egg hunts! Nicola got very into it which meant our team won the coveted cream eggs that Pete's girlfriend had brought out.
Room 13 OPD
5 hours later the goat was ready.



L-R: Kars, me, Maaike, Tim, Nicola, Pete, James M, Kate, James P, Kene, Raqib, Aukje and Marloes (with Marije taking the photo)

Everyone had brought along a side dish or a dessert, so there was a LOT of food and a lot of left overs, which have been made into curries. I would definitely recommend spit-roasted goat, it went down a treat =D

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!!! I'm pretty sure my husband has aspirations to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious!!! I'm pretty sure my husband has aspirations to do this...

    ReplyDelete